1. RAT 2019 Info
2. Women’s History Month
3. FEA Europe Election Info
4. NEA Foundation Award
5. Mark your Calendar Events
6. Area Director’s travels
1. RAT— I waited 14 days after receiving my TOPS orders, and then I wrote to DTS to inquire about the status of the DTS orders. The response as many of you may already know was, “We are currently working on DTS orders for the TOPS orders we have received so far. Right now we are working to finish up the remaining vouchers while processing DTS orders so I cannot give you an exact time frame. Typically it’s about 2-3 weeks from the time each team member receives the TOPS orders for processing in DTS and even that can change depending on how many CHRA (Human Resources) approves at one time. However, that timeline does not account for process vouchers while processing DTS orders. You will receive your orders as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.” and now as you see I will wait a week longer to see what occurs. I have my reservation through CTO Sembach, and they have assured me there are no problems at this point to keep them reserved until the DTS orders come. I am hoping for the best.
2. Women’s History Month — This month, March, is Women’s History Month. Since 1910, March 8 has been observed as International Women’s Day by people around the world. Thus, March was chosen for National Women’s History Month in the United States. This link will provide you with many useful tools to celebrate this month. Click here
3. FEA Europe Elections–Ballots, envelopes, etc. have been sent to all FRSs/election chairs in Europe for the elections of Division Representative, HCR Division Representative, Europe HCR Representative, and NEA RA Candidates. If for some reason your school representative did not receive these or you have not gotten one, please contact your FRS, or Bill Morgan, CMR 409 BOX153, APO AE 09053 or FEAElectionEmail@gmail.com
4. NEA Foundation Award Applications Due April 1 — Association members who would like to be considered for nomination for the 2021 NEA Foundation Award for Teaching Excellence must download the application packet and submit it to FEA’s Washington DC office by April 1, 2020. Our 2020 nominee, Reading Specialist Patricia Hannon from Hohenfels Elementary School, is one of five nationwide finalists for the NEA Foundation’s top award. FEA may submit one nominee for the award each year. If you think it should be you, download the form and submit it by April 1 to be considered.
5. Mark Your Calendar-
March 1-6 — ISLI (Canceled) MUN and MUSS (Canceled)
March 8 —– Daylight Savings Stateside
March 29 — Daylight Savings Europe
March 14 — National PI Day
March 15 — Ides of March (first day of the Roman New Year)
March 17 — St. Patrick’s Day
6. Area Director’s travels — I will be in Baumholder on 12 March, and on 18 March is the next area JCC. Please be patient during this time as it could take time to get to all emails. You can always get up-to-the-minute information from www.feaonline.org and we hope you will logon to see what’s up.