1. Election Information — FEA members in Europe will elect six representatives for the NEA Representative Assembly. NEA delegates from around the U.S. and around the world are expected to gather for the next Annual Meeting and Representative Assembly from July 2 to July 6 in Denver Colorado. RA delegates will propose, debate, and take action on new business items for the Association and other association policies, and vote by secret ballot on proposed amendments to the Constitution and Bylaws. Executive Officers, Executive Committee members, and at-large members of the NEA Board of Directors will be elected. There will be 2 Representatives from each FEA Division The nomination form is attached to the email. Deadline for nomination forms is 4 December.
2. Open Season — It is getting close to open season for changes in insurance etc. (November 9-December 14) and is always a good idea to check what you have and think about what you need. To get the most up-to-date information about the FEHB plans you can visit this site.
3. Installation Access Control & Quarantine Article — This article describes what the military is doing about access to bases and being quarantined. Thank you to Brian Chance FEA President for this article. Read the article here
4. Deadlines for mailing Packages for the Holidays:
04 DECEMBER . . . PRIORITY PARCELS
11 DECEMBER . . . FIRST CLASS LETTERS
18 DECEMBER . . . EXPRESS MAIL
5. Retiree Power Point — This link is for the presentation that was prepared for FEA Retired. Thank you, Michael Priser, for this virtual presentation. View the presentation here
6. Learn and Earn with FEA’s Book Clubs — Connect with a community of teachers while you refine your teaching skills and get approved for higher pay! The University of San Diego’s Project READ for DoDEA/Int’l Educators hosts independent study courses (usually 1 credit each) that can be taken anytime and are approved by DoDEA for recertification and salary increases. FEA is seeking members in each region (stateside, Europe, and Pacific) to act as hosts for these book clubs, which we expect to be no more than ten members each. Clubs will discuss chapters every two weeks over Zoom, share key lessons and analyze how to apply them to the classroom. Hosts will manage Zoom meetings, send reminders, and help foster discussion. Interested in participating in a book club or becoming a host? Write to Robert Forristal, Member Communications and Development Specialist Federal Education Association.
7. Mark Your Calendar-
December 10-18 — Hanukkah
December 19–January 3 — Winter Break for Most DoDDS
December 21 — Winter Solstice
December 25 — Christmas Day
December 26 — January 1 Kwanzaa
January 4 —- School Resumes