1. NEA RA Representatives
2. Poem in your Pocket Day
3. IRS Forms and Publications
4. NEA Foundation Award
5. FRS/Local Elections
6. Autism Awareness Month Link/Info
7. Mark your Calendar
1. Congratulations — The FEA Representatives elected for the National Education Representative Assembly this summer are, Nancy Alemendras, Danielle Rodriguez, Margaret Ballinger, Romy Kerstetter, and Mini DeLamarter. Thanks to all the candidates, and we know our colleagues here will be good representatives for us all.
2. Poem in your Pocket Day — April 29, 2021 is Poem in Your Pocket Day and is part of National Poetry Month. On this day, select a poem, carry it with you, and share it with others at schools, bookstores, libraries, parks, workplaces, street corners, and on social media using the hashtag #pocketpoem. Poem in Your Pocket Day was initiated in April 2002 by the Office of the Mayor in New York City, in partnership with the city’s Departments of Cultural Affairs and Education. In 2008, the Academy of American Poets took the initiative to all fifty United States, encouraging individuals around the country to participate Click here for more info
3. IRS Forms and Publications — As tax season approaches, this site has all the forms and publications that you will need to complete your 2020 tax filing. Most can be done electronically. Also, be aware that most military installations offer tax services for civilians at no cost–check with the legal office on your base/post. Get IRS tax forms here
4. NEA Foundation Award — Each year the NEA Foundation Awards for Teaching Excellence recognizes educators whose professional practice and advocacy for the profession are exemplary. All state affiliates, including FEA, are allowed to nominate one candidate a year (we are looking for a nominee for 2021 The application is attached and the deadline for submission of all materials to FEA is April 21, 2021 and should be sent to the Washington FEA Office at 1201 16th St. NW, Suite 117 Washington D.C. 20036 or scanned to Gary Hritz at (email@example.com). For further information see the attachments or this link. Click here to download application info
5. FRS Elections — It is getting close to the time many schools have elections for the faculty representative spokesperson. Generally, it is best to have this completed before a schedule for the next SY is in place, however not always possible. Attached to this update are the guidelines for having local elections for the school. Please understand these are ‘guidelines’ and that your local constitution and bylaws should be the authority. Should you have any questions or need anything please contact your Division Representative.
6. Autism Awareness Month — April has also been designated as Autism Awareness Month. It is a condition that affects more and more of our students every year. Learn more here.
7. Mark Your Calendar-
April 1-30 — Autism Awareness Month
April 21 — NEA Foundation Application Due
April 29 — Poem in your Pocket Day 2021