FEA Election Information
Election of FEA At-Large Officers during SY 18-19During School Year 2018-2019, FEA members will elect the following officers to serve on the FEA Board of Directors:
- Vice President
- NEA Director for FEA
- FEA Human & Civil Rights Coordinator
Election details can be found in the bulleted list at the bottom of this page.
1. Candidates can use their PERSONAL e-mail to correspond with and send election forms to the FEA Nomination Chairperson. The FEA Election e-mail address is: FEAelections@gmail.com. Candidates may forward their nomination forms, Official Acceptance and Biographical Information/Mailing Label and Mail Restrictions Forms, and candidate picture to this e-mail address. It is the candidate's responsibility to confirm this information is received by the Nomination Chairperson.
2. Please pay close attention to all deadlines. The nomination form deadline is October 16, 2018; the Official Acceptance and Biographical Information form is due October 29, 2018; and the candidate photo deadline is November 19, 2018.
3. Candidates cannot use the FREE MPS to send out campaign literature. Candidates may use the MPS only if appropriate postage is placed on each individual piece of mail. For more information, please see section C.1. of the FEA Election Procedures (available from your FRS).
4. Candidates will be provided with two sets of membership labels and two sets of leadership labels to be used only to mail campaign literature to members/leaders.
5. Candidates who do not wish to use MPS (with appropriate postage) to mail their campaign literature may elect to use a mail house, selected by FEA's Washington office, to print and mail their campaign materials at their own expense. See section C.2 of the FEA Election Procedures for additional information.
6. Membership and leadership labels which are not used by the candidate must be returned to the FEA Washington office. Candidates may, at their option, decline one or more sets of labels by notifying the FEA Washington office in writing.
7. All candidates must sign a statement agreeing to use the labels provided by the FEA Washington office only for purposes of their own campaign. Please see Official Acceptance and Biographical Information/Mailing Labels and Mail Restrictions Form for more details.
Potential candidates for office and their supporters should read ALL information in links below to fully acquaint yourself with election requirements and procedures. (if you are unable to download or view the following PDF files, printed copies of these documents were mailed to your building rep/FRS or Stateside Local President in August 2018.)
Nominate Yourself or Someone Else for Office - Here's How1. Determine the office or offices for which you want to run, or think of a fellow FEA Active Member you'd like to nominate.
2. Fill out the appropriate nomination form. There are separate forms for self-nomination and nominating another member.
3. Mail or E-mail the nomination form (or forms, if you wish to make more than one nomination) to the Nominations Chairperson at the address on the form.
- Notice of Election
for the election of at-large officers during SY 18-19
- Nomination Form A
use this form to nominate yourself for office. Fill it out online, print the form, sign/date it, and send it in.
- Nomination Form B
use this form to nominate another FEA member for office. Fill it out online, print the form, sign/date it, and send it in.
- Official Acceptance and Biographical Information Form
to be completed and submitted by all candidates for office. Must be received by October 29, 2018.
- FEA Election Procedures
- Qualifications and Duties of Officers
- FEA Campaign Procedures and Guidelines
- Questions? Contact FEA